Assistant Operations Manager
The Assistant Operations Manager will be responsible for working with the Operations Manager and Circuit Manager to ensure that all circuit activities are run to a high standard in terms of safety, customer experience and efficiency. They will also oversee all site activities, from daily maintenance duties in the absence of the Operations Manager.
The Assistant Operations Managers will work directly under the Operations Manager to ensure the smooth day to day running of the department and all circuit and site activity.
The Assistant Operations Manager will work effectively with the whole Buckmore Park team to ensure all track activity is delivered to the highest standard, this includes but is not limited to:
- Communicating effectively with all departments from Sales, Events, Marketing, Workshop, Race Directors and Senior Management.
- Oversee some team training, to ensure we have a competent and skilled team, who are clear on their tasks and how to complete them.
- Deciding the best way to run and structure the team for each event format. This includes working closely with the Operations Manager and other departments to ensure the events are staffed safely but as efficiently as possible.
- Customer facing when necessary; including briefing, signing in, race directing and instructing.
The Assistant Operations Manager will oversee all site maintenance and improvement activity, including but not limited to:
- Completing or assigning the daily track walk and documenting and reporting any issues.
- Ensure all daily, weekly and monthly maintenance activities, as defined and tracked by the Circuit Manager and Operations Manager, to ensure high standards.
- Informing and working with the Operations Manager on any improvement projects, either assigning appropriate team members or working with external contractors.
HR And Team
Working with the Operations Manager to ensure the effective and efficient management of the team, this will include but is not limited to:
- Managing staff rotas in the absence of the Operations Manager
- On the job staff training
- Ensuring strict adherence to all HR policies and procedures
- Managing disciplinary action where necessary to ensure any issues are dealt with in line with company policy, working with the Circuit Manager, Operations Manager and HR Manager
- Daily management of the Operations team, delegating tasks effectively to ensure team members are aware of their roles and monitored effectively
- Providing team with positive and constructive on the job feedback
- Follow Health and Safety guidelines
- Ensuring team members adhere to risk assessments and reviewing current risk assessments.
- Stock control and ordering of any department equipment
- Maintaining and keeping track of current department equipment
- Programming and running of the timing system
- First Aider
- Keyholder; managing the opening and closing the site in conjunction with other Management team.
- Work with the Operations Manager, Circuit Manager and the Senior Leadership team to ensure continuous improvement of the operations activity and site at Buckmore Park.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter:
Buckmore Park Karting Ltd Maidstone Road
Kent ME5 9QG
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 2nd July 2018
Strictly no agencies.